Narendra Modi Biography: Childhood, Family, Education, Political Life, Net Worth & Key Facts
Narendra Modi biography experienced childhood in the Indian town of Vadnagar, the child of a road dealer. He entered governmental issues as an adolescent and immediately rose through the positions of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, a Hindu patriot ideological group. Modi joined the standard Bharatiya Janata Party in 1987, at last becoming public secretary. Chosen head administrator of India in 2014, he procured re-appointment to the post five years after the fact.
Narendra modi Biography
|Full Name||Narendra Damodardas Modi|
Narendra Modi Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey||• In 1985, he joined BJP.
• In 1988, BJP elected him Organizing Secretary of Party’s Gujarat Unit.
• In November 1995, he was elected National Secretary of BJP.
• In May 1998, he became the General Secretary of BJP.
• On 3 October 2001, he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the 1st time and retained the post till 2014.
• He was appointed to BJP Parliamentary Board on 31 March 2013.
• He won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from the Varanasi Constituency by a massive margin of 3,71,784 votes.
• On 26 May 2014, he was appointed the 14th Prime Minister of India.
• He won the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from the Varanasi Constituency by a margin of 4,79,505 votes; larger than the previous margin in the 2014 General Elections.
• On 30 May 2019, he took the oath as the 15th Prime Minister of India.
|Awards, Honours||2007: Named the Best Chief Minister in a nationwide survey by India Today
2012: Appeared on the cover of the Asian edition of Time Magazine
2014: Awarded Indian of the Year by CNN-IBN news network; also, Forbes Magazine ranked him the 15th-Most-Powerful Person in the World
2015: Bloomberg Markets Magazine ranked him the 13th-Most-Influential Person in the World; also, named one of Time’s “30 Most Influential People on the Internet” as the second-most-followed politician on Twitter and Facebook
2014 & 2016: Declared winner of the Time magazine reader’s poll for Person of the Year
2016: On 3rd April, honoured with Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud; the highest civilian honour of Saudi Arabia
2016: On 4th June, honoured with State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan; the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan
2014, 2015, and 2017: Named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World
2015, 2016, and 2018: Forbes Magazine ranked him the 9th-Most-Powerful Person in the World
• On 4 April, he was conferred with Zayed Medal, UAE’s highest civilian award, for giving “a big boost” to the bilateral relations between both the countries
• On 25 September, conferred the ‘Global Goalkeeper’ award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundationfor the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched by his government.
Narendra Modi Personal Life
|Date of Birth||17 September 1950 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||71 Years|
|Birthplace||Vadnagar, Bombay State (Now, Gujarat), India|
|Hometown||Vadnagar, Gujarat, India|
|School||Higher Secondary School, Vadnagar, Gujarat|
|College/University||• Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India
• University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
|Educational Qualification(s)||• SSC exam from Gujarat Board in 1967
• BA in Political Science (a distance-education course from Delhi University)
• MA in Political Science from Gujarat University in 1983
|Caste||OBC (Modh Ghanchi), for more information about his caste, Click Here|
|Blood Group||A (+ve)|
|Address (permanent)||C-1, Someshwar Tenament, Ranip, Ahmedabad-382480, Gujarat|
|Address (official)||7, Lok Kalyan Marg (earlier called 7 Race Course Road), New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading|
|Controversies||• The biggest controversy in his career is the 2002 Gujarat Riots in which he has been criticized to mastermind it. However, on 11 December 2019, Justice Nanavati-Mehta Commission gave clean chit to him in the 2002 Gujarat riots. The Gujarat Government tabled the final part of the Justice Nanavati-Mehta Commission report on the 2002 riots, in the Assembly on 11 December 2019. The report deals with post-Godhra violence in which more than 1,000 people were killed in the widespread communal riots across the State. The Commission has given clean chit to the then Chief Minister Narendra Modi and others in post-Godhara riots. The Commission held that the riots were not organised and the State administration had taken all necessary measures to control the situation. 
• Teesta Setalvad held him responsible for the murder of her husband in the Gulbarg Society in 2002.
• He was also held responsible for the fake encounter of Ishrat Jahan.
• He has also been criticized regarding his marital status.
• The United States denied visa for his role in the Gujarat Riots.
• He was criticized for tapping the phone-calls of a girl (a student of architecture) in the Snoopgate scandal.
• In 2015, he was criticized for wearing a suit worth ₹10 Lakh with a monogram of his name- Narendra Modi.
• On 10 August 2018, the first time in the history of Indian Parliament, a portion of Prime Minister’s comment was deleted from the records of the Rajya Sabha. After the election of Harivansh Narayan Singh as the Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, in his speech congratulating Harivansh, PM Modi said the election was between “two Haris.” He went on to take a swipe at Mr. Hariprasad (opposition’s candidate), playing with his initials.
Narendra Modi Relationships & More
|Marriage Date||Year 1968|
Narendra Modi Family
|Wife/Spouse||Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi|
|Parents||Father– Late Damodardas Mulchand Modi (died of Bone Cancer in 1989)
|Siblings||Brothers– Soma (75 Years)- Retired Officer of Health Department,
Amrut Modi (72)- A Lathe Machine Operator,
Prahlad (62)- Runs a Shop in Ahmedabad,
Pankaj (57)- Clerk in the Information Department in Gandhinagar
Sister– Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi
Narendra Modi Favourites
|Politician(s)||Syama Prasad Mukherjee, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Leader(s)||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda|
|Song(s)||• “Jyoti Kalash Chhalke” from the film Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan (1961)
• “O Pawan Veg Se Udne Wale Ghode” from the film Jai Chitod (1961)
Narendra Modi Style Quotient
|Car Collection||He doesn’t have any car registered to his name.|
Narendra Modi Money Factor
|Salary (as the Prime Minister of India)||₹160,000/ Month + Other Allowances|
|Assets/Properties||Moveable (worth Rs 1.41 crore)
Bank Balance– Rs 4,143 in SBI’s Gandhinagar NSCH Branch
Immovable (worth Rs 1.1 crore)
A 3,531 sq ft plot in Sector-1, Gandhinagar worth Rs 1.1 crore (as in April 2019)
Narendra Modi Net Worth (approx.)
|Rs 2.5 crore (as in April 2019)|
Donald Trump | Biography, Education, & Facts | Donald
Narendra Modi Background
Narendra Modi was brought into the world in the modest community of Vadnagar, in northern Gujarat, India. His dad was a road trader who battled to help the family. Youthful Narendra and his sibling offered tea almost a transport terminal to assist. However a normal understudy in school, Modi went through hours in the library and was known as a solid debater. In his initial adolescents, he joined Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, the understudy wing of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a Hindu patriot ideological group.
Modi had an orchestrated marriage at 18 yet invested little energy with his lady. The two at last isolated, with Modi professing to be single for quite a while.
Narendra Modi Biography Early Political Career
Modi devoted his life to legislative issues in Gujarat, joining the RSS in 1971. During the 1975-77 political emergency, Prime Minister Indira Gandhi pronounced a highly sensitive situation, forbidding political associations like the RSS. Modi went underground and composed a book, Sangharsh mama (Gujarat in Emergency), which annals his encounters as a political outlaw. He moved on from Delhi University with a degree in political theory in 1978, and finished his lord’s work at Gujarat University in 1983.
In 1987, Narendra Modi joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which represented Hindu patriotism. His ascent through the positions was fast, as he astutely picked guides to additional his vocation. He advanced privatization of organizations, little government and Hindu qualities. In 1995, Modi was chosen BJP public secretary, a situation from which he effectively helped resolve inside authority questions, making ready for BJP political decision triumphs in 1998.
Gulbarg Massacre and Alleged Complicity
In February 2002, while Modi filled in as boss pastor of Gujarat, a passenger train was assaulted, supposedly by Muslims. In reprisal, an assault was completed on the Muslim neighborhood of Gulbarg. Savagery spread, and Modi forced a time limitation giving police shoot-to-kill orders. After harmony was reestablished, Modi’s administration was reprimanded for the unforgiving crackdown, and he was blamed for permitting the killings of in excess of 1,000 Muslims, alongside the mass assaulting and mutilation of ladies. After two examinations negated another, the Indian Supreme Court closed there was no proof Modi was to blame.
Narendra Modi was reappointed boss pastor of Gujarat in 2007 and 2012. Through those missions, Modi’s firm stance Hinduism relaxed and he talked more with regards to financial development, zeroing in on privatization and empowering strategies to shape India as a worldwide assembling focal point. He was attributed with carrying success and advancement to Gujarat, however others said he did little to lighten destitution and work on expectations for everyday comforts.
Narendra Modi Biography Chosen Prime Minister
In June 2013, Modi was chosen to head the BJP’s 2014 political race to the Lok Sabha (the lower place of India’s parliament), while a grassroots mission was at that point set up to choose him leader. Modi crusaded hard, depicting himself as a down to earth applicant fit for pivoting India’s economy, while his faultfinders depicted him as a disputable and troublesome figure.
In May 2014, Modi and his party were successful, taking 282 of the 534 seats in the Lok Sabha. The triumph denoted a devastating loss to the Indian National Congress, which had controlled country legislative issues for the majority of the past 60 years, and communicated something specific that India’s residents were behind a plan that moved away from a mainstream, communist state to a more industrialist inclining economy with Hindu patriotism at its center.
Salman Khan Height, Age, Girlfriends, Family, Biography
Some Lesser Known Facts About Narendra Modi
- Does Narendra Modi Smoke?: No
- Does Narendra Modi Drink Alcohol?: No
- He was born into a family of an oil-pressing community, which is considered as the Other Backward Class (OBC) in India.
- In his childhood, Modi wanted to join the Indian Army and tried to get himself enrolled in a Sainik School, but due to financial constraints, he couldn’t get admission in the Sainik School.
- At the age of 17, he left his house and travelled to different parts of India.
What is the monthly salary of Narendra Modi?
Rs. 1.6 lakh
The Prime Minister of India will be drawing a monthly salary of Rs.1.6 lakh. His basic salary will be Rs 50,000, with a sumptuary allowance of Rs. 3,000, a daily allowance of Rs.
How many son and daughter does Narendra Modi have?Narendra Modi has no biological or adoptive children. He took and started to raise a Nepalese migrant boy Jeet Bahadur Saru Magar in 1998 who had entered India crossing India–Nepal border and handed him over back to his family in 2014 when he was 27 years old.
Who gives salary to prime minister?Compensation and benefits. Article 75 of the Constitution of India confers the parliament with the power to decide the remuneration and other benefits of the prime minister and other ministers are to be decided by the Parliament.